Honesty


Last nights Skype conversation led by Helen Kindred opened discussion into Artefacts and the role that these play in communicating an idea that uses the voice of our professional practice. It was great to discuss thoughts with each other and to hear where people where within their study over all three modules.

I took away from the conversation the idea of honesty and how this is an important element to show and discuss within my work, but for me particularly within my artefact which I am currently looking at. I can sense a desire for everything to 'go perfectly' within my inquiry process, sticking to the Gant chart that I made in Module Two and showing that everything went according to plan as that what a successful inquiry looks like to me. It is now that I see that I realise and have to remind myself that there is not a 'perfect' and that the journey the inquiry takes is an essential part of the learning process within my work.

This brings me back to my thought of honesty and ensuring that I am clear in representing this. Using the emotional journey and finding an artefact representation of this. I have found the landscape of my inquiry topic to be much wider than I had ever imagined, meaning that at times my head has been filled with so many thoughts and desires to access as much of it as possible to show a clear representation of it; enforcing me to remind myself to constantly bring it all back to my practice and the influences that it has had on me.

A thought that I am very much currently exploring through a visual representation with a musical theatre theme for my artefact which I hope can speak to others within my community.



image source: https://brokentoblended.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/honesty.jpg

Comments

  1. Hi Andrew , interested to know what topic you are researching at the moment, I am in module two and an actor so find the 'artefact' quite challenging, as I suppose it would be a monologue or something that resonates with my practise most. Interesting as you are in musical theatre your thoughts on how you can present an 'Artefact'?

    I also am slightly worried about choosing a topic that might be 'too broad' or maybe not connected enough to my practice, so any advice as you are now in module 3 would be so helpful!

    You are SO right to just reflect on the process eve if things change that is such an important thing to remember I am discovering!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts