The Idea of Wonder

It was great to attend a Skype call yesterday led by Helen Kindred which involved mainly people who were currently in module two and three.

Since starting module two I have been thinking a lot about ideas for my inquiry proposal. I have two or three topics and areas that I feel passionate about and that I feel would be great to discuss in relation to my professional practice. The main difficulty I felt was deciding which of these ideas is the best to go with. I feel like all topics are areas that have somewhere to develop, but needing to take into consideration literature and what I could use to research and support the topic.

Within the Skype call we discussed 'The Idea of Wonder'. Helen explained that it is ok to work with an inquiry proposal that has unanswered questions within it, and actually, if we knew the answers to our enquiry it would be a rather lack-luster process of research and discovery. This comment really helped me and over the past day of thinking about this, I feel I am much closer to choosing which of my initial ideas would spark more unanswered questions.

I am looking forward to moving further with this thought and beginning to work through ideas and research within it.



Image source: https://z3news.com/w/stand-precipice-monumental-change-befall/

Comments

Popular Posts