My own rehearsal process

I have just submitted my Module Two draft submission and am now already eagerly awaiting my feedback. I feel very much like I am in the depths of my study and construction of my inquiry research plan at the moment. After it taking a little while to fully engage with this Module at the beginning I am loving the creation element of the process and beginning to see a shape of what I am creating.

I see it much like when I direct or choreograph a show, there is the initial excitement of the subject matter of the show that fuels creativity and inspiration to try new things and experiment. Then the point in the where you are swimming around in workshop material and learning about the cast, production and what works and what doesn't. For me it then moves onto making decisions about what is going to be included in the show, what may be best to be cut and what needs to be re worked or thought of in a different way to improve, (this is very much the point I feel I am at within the Module right now!)

I am hoping that my feedback from Adesola and the continuation of my work on the Module will mirror that of the moment you show your production to the technical team, producers, investors or an invited audience for the first time, where they are there to support but also offer their own opinions and advice on areas that could benifit from further work and development.

I am going to continue to improve and discover as I go along.



Photo Source: https://onceuponascreen.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/in-rehearsal.jpg

Comments

  1. I love this idea of transferring your practice into your academic work. I have literally just submitted my draft its 23:46 but I had to share the work of Susan W Stinson. https://doi.org/10.1080/14647890601029618
    Let me know your thoughts, as long as the link works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts